0

I Heart Valentines

Posted by Kate on 3:03 AM in , , , ,
Today is a special day, not for the reasons that most of the rest of the world is celebrating, but because I have been married for 3 years today! If you are allergic to schmaltz, go no further and definitely do not go near the Herald Sun messages liftout (unless your name is Snookums, in which case, you seem to have several suitors).   
I am not especially sentimental. Or romantic. I am not averse to romantic gestures, as long as they don't force the eyes of the world on to me. I barely made it down the aisle, such was my fear of people looking at me! Did I mention I have to give a talk in public this week, with strangers? eek!

But make it down the aisle I did. And my husband was waiting for me, with equally sweaty palms (we are such a perfect couple - there, there's the schmaltz!!! I warned you!). Somehow in this crazy world, I found a partner in life who has grinned and beared it through tantrums (mine), sleepless nights (shared) and can make me happier than I ever thought I'd be.

So where is my lovely husband one might ask? Surely we have romantic plans, babysitters and the like? Nope - he's away for work, shut up in a motel room with takeaway and I'm on the couch with leftovers. Who says romance is dead?

Feb photo a day - Heart
Ahh, but wait, there is a twist in this tale. Tomorrow you see is the 10th anniversary of our first meeting. Due to the fact that this is true love (schmaltz again, sorry), my lovely husband will be skipping footy training just for me so we can spend the evening together (well, mostly just for me, the sore muscles from his last session have nothing to do with it, really!). A bottle of wine will be chilling in the fridge, my austerity measure gift will be given (amazing what you can do with $10) and the best product of this 10 year relationship will hopefully choose to go to bed early and we can kick back and relax before our own fatigue sets in!

Not the worst dinner companion for a day like today!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. May love surround you from all directions.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body" - Elizabeth Stone

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 My (m)Other Life All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.